Duran Duran comics: The Wild Boys


This is really just insanely self-amusing, even for me, but... I was goofing off in Photoshop, and I ended up turning Duran Duran's awesome "Wild Boys" video into a two-page comic book. (You know how I'm always yammering on about wanting to make a weird, glamorous adult-themed cartoon about Duran Duran? This is an obvious baby step in that general direction.) I think I like it -- Simon Le Bon's gloriously bizarre lyrics work really well when emblazoned across Russell Mulcahy's gloriously bizarre images.

A larger, readable version is after the jump:

(Click here for a super-big version)


Related link:

Comments

DKoren said…
That is wildly, awesomely cool. I dig it. (This has nothing to do with the fact that you use a shot of my favorite moment in the video (Simon's threatening backhand).

More? :D

Also... wow, I've misheard the lyrics forever. (the august moon line).
Morgan Richter said…
Aw, thanks! It was fun to do -- I was procrastinating badly on another project, and I've been fiddling with Photoshop lately for various reasons to try and recreate a comic kind of look, and... well, too many hours later, this was my end result. I'm game for doing more. Some of the videos -- "A View To a Kill" springs immediately to mind -- were really made for the comic book treatment.

Those Wild Boys lyrics... like you, I've misheard them forever. I had no idea about the August moon line until I looked it up. Ditto for "Where is all you angels, now the figureheads have fell/and lovers war with arrows over secrets they could tell." No idea on that one!
DKoren said…
I always thought it was "an August moon surrenders to..." I did know the "where is all you angels" one, amazingly enough, cuz the "where is all" grammar cracked me up.

I have to admit I'm not much of a lyric person. (Simon's lyrics are perfect for me. I'm not looking for meaning or even coherence, I just need syllables to go with the notes.) When I listen to songs, I have a very hard time picking out words in general. I just listen to the melody.

Oooh, and View to a Kill would be great. Union of the Snake too.